Friday, August 29, 2008

a rough night

The low pressure system I'm planning to hop a ride south on has been playing up. Last night it blew a steady 40 knots with gust 60+. Despite being in a sheltered harbour Ara' Deg groaned and heeled all night just from the force of the wind against mast and rigging.

The flag got ripped off. The pole snapped. Luckily it remained in the cockpit so Y Ddraig Coch will fly again!

Still planning an a Sunday departure as by then the winds will have decreased and veered to the east. At least according to the latest forecast.

It's then going to a game of strategy mixed with some luck as I weave my way down between constantly shifting low pressure systems. The journey should take between 10 and 20 days, depending on my fortune. Let's say 15 then.

1 comment:

emz said...

I was there when you left and I am going to be there to see you return. Anticipation levels are rising!!

Till then, hwyl

Em x