Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rubbish quality but not squished!

Below is a few clips I took with my digital camera sailing from Noddy Bay, Newfoundland to Reykjavik, Iceland. 22 days condensed into 2 minutes. At least this time it isn't squished like the last attempt.

When I sailed in to Vestmannaeyjar here on Wednesday it was warm and sunny - really delightful. But then the honeymoon came to and end. It's been overcast and raining these past 3 days. I guess it's getting me acclimatized for Wales.

A German sailboat came in yesterday and snuggled up to the Belgian one. We are all waiting, as sailors have done for hundreds of years, for fair winds to take us to our destinations. I will probably be pushing off this Tuesday, 26 August, but weather forecasting is a fickle and unreliable science bordering on the occult. So we'll have to see how things stand on Monday. If I can get a few days of brisk northerlies I'm considering running down the west coast of Ireland and come in from underneath. We'll see how things go...

until later,
Simon

1 comment:

Draig said...

You better hurry up Simon - the weather's been so shit I think we may all be underwater by the time you get back!

Good luck with the next crossing, and keep the posts coming :-)

Jimbo.